• Rotting leaves return as much CO2 to the atmosphere
as the plants took in to make them.
• Rotting leaves and forest fires release 439 gigatonnes
of CO2 every year.
• Nature emits 20 times more than all human activities (29 Gt).
Biochar: Intercept CO2 from rotting leaves
Money Grows on Trees (bio-Solar Energy)
• Harvest leaves, biochar leaves, sell or use biochar
as a valuable agricultural additive that keeps
carbon in the ground. (* Co-Generates Bio-Fuels)
• Trees everywhere already drop leaves.
• Salvaging 10% of rotting leaves as biochar offsets
all fossil fuel emissions, improves agriculture,
and can create millions of jobs and new wealth.
What is Biochar?
Biochar: Valuable Agricultural Additive
• Biochar is charcoal made from biomass by cooking
leaves (without air) at high temperatures.
• Biochar can store carbon in the ground for centuries,
like putting coal back in the mine.